18 Aug 2019 South Africa: Why Cape Town should be top of mind for your next MICE group
When you explore Cape Town, it feels like you have the world at your feet!
Giltedge DMC has listed some reasons why the Mother City in South Africa is a great destination for your next MICE group trip with its great beauty, culture, cuisine and atmosphere.
- Dramatic scenery from Table Mountain to Cape Point
- Boulders Beach with its comical Jackass Penguins
- Breathtaking Chapmans Peak Drive from Hout Bay to Noordhoek
- Majestic Table Mountain is a place of breathtaking views, a haven for adventure sport enthusiasts and a flora and fauna sanctuary
Culture & Heritage
- Visit Robben Island, a UN World Heritage Site, the apartheid-era maximum security prison which housed the likes of Walter Sisulu and Nelson Mandela.
- Soak up local culture on a township tour in Langa, Gugulethu and Khayelitsha – meet entrepreneurs and enjoy a traditional meal
- Go on a township tour to learn about the vibrant local culture in the Western Cape, their traditions, way of life in a modern city, music, food, shebeens and traditional healers.
- Wine and food are essential aspects of life at the Cape because, to begin with, we’ve got world class, award-winning fine dining restaurants.
- Enjoy farm-style breakfasts, fresh bread, specialty meats, vegetarian delights, homemade rusks, oysters, champagne, pâté, quiche, pancakes
- Try some biltong & a local barbeques, which are essential to most South Africans.
- Shop till you drop, from designer label stores to craft markets & diamonds, Cape Town offers visitors the best of everything
- World class hotel choices – from seafront opulence to farm stays in the Winelands
Outdoor active fun
- Zip slides, abseiling, boating, climbing, diving with white sharks, swimming with seals and paragliding – we have it all!
Latest from our destinations