Panama is an international business center which has the fastest growing economy in Central America and is quite a cultural and sophisticated metropolis. In addition to becoming a regional business hub in Latin America, Panama has quickly become one of the most popular destinations for holding conventions, incentives and, international events.
A modern infrastructure, direct flights to more than 50 cities in the region and 13 in the U.S, world-class attractions, excellent restaurants, a globalized populace, and a vibrant metropolis with more than 100 banks and exciting nightlife, makes Panama the perfect destination to host your corporate meetings or first-class events.
Panama is a country of amazing contrasts both culturally and geographically. Bathed by two oceans and famous throughout the world for the Panama Canal, it is also home to six indigenous peoples that you can visit, several protected ecosystems including jungles, cloud forests and virgin coral reefs, and a wide variety of wildlife that is easy to observe.
The ruins of colonial fortresses speak of epic battles between conquistadores and buccaneers; the Pearl Islands invite the traveler to relax among white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and underwater treasures; and the peaceful, evergreen rainforests along the Panama Canal are a haven for colorful birds and exotic wildlife. This unique setting is the perfect scenario to enjoy exciting adventures such as snorkeling, jungle hikes, canopy tours, indigenous encounters, horseback riding, rafting, kayaking, boat tours, and whale watching, ALL within one hour of the city.
For many people, Panama provides the best shopping south of Miami. The international atmosphere brings excellent prices and an extensive selection of goods to the many duty-free stores. Panama’s ethnic diversity allows for a variety of traditional products, including woodcarvings, weaving and textiles, ceramics, straw goods and many other handicrafts. The hand-stitched appliqué textiles made by the Kuna Indians, called Molas, are one of the most popular souvenirs.
Reasons to visit:
- The Panama Canal: The Eighth Wonder of the World
- One of the safest and most tourist friendly countries in Latin America
- Six different indigenous communities that you can visit
- Panama City is one of the world’s least expensive capital cities
- Ecotourism Paradise: More bird species than the US and Canada combined
- World-class adventures: Snorkeling, diving, surfing, hiking, volcano trekking, canopy tours, sport fishing, rafting…
- Colonial sites and a rich history including many stories of pirates and conquistadores
- Thousands of uninhabited islands waiting for you to explore
- Best shopping in Latin America